Byron Bay sits on the most easterly point of Australia, situated 770km north of Sydney and 160km south of Brisbane, with two neighbouring airports there are various options for you to travel to The Atlantic.
BY CARByron is a nine hour drive north from Sydney via the Pacific Highway and is 1 hour and 50 minutes south from Brisbane. From inland the winding Bruxner Highway is more like a country road than a highway, so if using this option take your time and enjoy the view.
To get to Atlantic from the Pacific Highway
- Take the Byron Bay exit
- Head into Byron Bay and over the railway crossing
- Go STRAIGHT on Lawson Street
- Turn RIGHT at the Middleton Street roundabout (at the Byron Bay Library).
- Atlantic is on your LEFT on the corner of Middleton & Marvell Streets.
To get to Atlantic from the Coast Road (Lennox Head)
- Keep heading STRAIGHT on Broken Head Road which runs into Bangalow Road
- At the Bangalow Road / Browning Street roundabout go STRAIGHT into Tennyson Street
- After the tennis courts turn LEFT into Marvell Street
- Atlantic is on the RIGHT hand corner of the next intersection (Middleton and Marvell Streets)
FLIGHTSDomestic airlines operate several flights daily to Ballina/Byron Gateway Airport (30 mins south) and Gold Coast Airport at Coolangatta (50 mins north). A number of international carriers servicing SE Asia, New Zealand and the Pacific fly into Gold Coast Airport.
- Byron EasyBus provides regular daily transfers between Ballina/Byron, Gold Coast and Brisbane Airports.
- Steve’s Tours operates to and from the Ballina/Byron airport and will deliver you right to our door in a comfortable air-conditioned mini bus.
- Xcede will pick up and deliver to Atlantic from major flights in and out of key airports.
- Brisbane 2 Byron an express bus service that travels from Brisbane to Byron Bay and back 7 days a week (at set times), with drop off available to Brisbane Airport.
- Airport Express provides daily transfers between the Gold Coast and Byron Bay, 7 days per week.
GETTING TO BYRON BY BUS / TRAINTaking the bus to Byron can be a relaxed budget friendly way to travel. Daily Greyhound bus services operate to Byron Bay from Brisbane and Sydney, and daily or overnight CountryLink trains from Sydney to Brisbane with a bus transfer at Casino. The main bus depot is located at the junction of Jonson and Marvell Streets, an easy walk to Atlantic.
BYRON BAY CAR HIRE
- Earth Car Rentals – Australia’s first 100% carbon neutral car rental company is located just around the corner from Atlantic and you will not only find friendly local service but also great rental rates.
- Hertz are located just down the road at 5 Marvell Street. As a global car rental company they have a large range and bookings can be made online.
TAXI SERVICEByron Bay Taxis are actually very reliable and offer transportation for the district including Airport transfers, weddings, taxis, limousines, personlised tours, and disability services. If your trip is during peak Christmas / New Year or festival periods make sure to book ahead.